Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups

Share | 

A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Miranda
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:42 pm

My Rant:

I think this is my first rant.... sorry it was kinda long. I hope I got my point across.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladymirandam.tumblr.com/
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Okay, I'm going to get my butt handed to me for saying this.

Guys get harassed about their bodies, too. I'm really thin and lanky, and sometimes I'm made to feel like I should be more muscular and strong looking, just like girls are pressured to be thin and have big boobs. It's really insulting and sort of intimidating, but no one pays any attention. It's like it's my fault or something. 

Also, there's all this crap about our personalities as well. We have to be aggressive half the time and gallant the other half, and it's our "job" to make the first move in relationships. If we ask a girl for help, we're weak.

Sexism isn't just a girl thing. It goes both ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Jeff wrote:

Guys get harassed about their bodies, too. I'm really thin and lanky, and sometimes I'm made to feel like I should be more muscular and strong looking, just like girls are pressured to be thin and have big boobs. It's really insulting and sort of intimidating, but no one pays any attention. It's like it's my fault or something. 

Also, there's all this crap about our personalities as well. We have to be aggressive half the time and gallant the other half, and it's our "job" to make the first move in relationships. If we ask a girl for help, we're weak.

kinda agree with you here,however the fact the throughout the years, women have always been looked down upon. of course, both genders go through their share of discrimination but women tend to be more exposed (??? is that the word for it i dont know) to sexism??? i dont know how to word that correctly but what im trying to say is that even though guys may feel discriminated against they have so many rights than compared to women like i dont even think its appropriate to talk about """"Mens Rights"""" u feel

tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:25 pm

whiz kid lance wrote:
Jeff wrote:

kinda agree with you here,however the fact the throughout the years, women have always been looked down upon. of course, both genders go through their share of discrimination but women tend to be more exposed (??? is that the word for it i dont know) to sexism??? i dont know how to word that correctly but what im trying to say is that even though guys may feel discriminated against they have so many rights than compared to women like i dont even think its appropriate to talk about """"Mens Rights"""" u feel
Yeah, I totally understand that. Men kind of do have an unfair upper hand in society, but I was pretty sure we were mainly talking about body image though. But I get your point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lineesa
Passionate Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Since most of humanity has spent it's time not letting women have the same rights as men, It's sorta engraved society's head as the norm. But that was a while ago and women have pretty much equal rights with men now, depending on where you live. Some men, if not most, still objectify women. Rating a woman's quality as a person based on the size of her bosom or how she dresses. And just like Jeff said, it could go the same way for a man based on his masculinity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lineesa.deviantart.com/
Silver
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Yeah, I do agree. Women's rights. In my social studies class, all the boys are like. "You know whats a joke? WOMEN'S RIGHTS BWAHAHAHAHA" or "now look at a girl in their natural habitat the kitchen." I do feel like men sometimes treat women like we are some kind of toy. This has happened since the beginning of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose
Ultimate Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Surely, both men and women are victims of discrimination by gender and sexism. A standard has been created, and It is just wrong. Women are supposed to have big breasts and a big bottom to be appealing and men should be manly, tall and muscular. That is what 'perfect' is like to them. But we should be able to do whatever we like. Men can't go against women in any sport and that is just discriminating. If a boy beats a girl, the boy has the reputation of 'beating an indefensible being'. But if a girl beats a boy, the boy is made fun of because he lost to a girl. That is offensive to both. Whoever came up that boys are stronger than girls, is really crazy. I believe that there should be equality in genders. A girl can be chubby. A boy can be thin. Everyone should be able to be however they like without getting judged or prejudiced. Every boy doesn't have to love sports and every girl doesn't have to be girly.

Peace may now settle. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://creativecloud.forummotion.com/
alison
Regular Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:15 am

i agree with everything you've said.
also, if a guy sleeps around, he's known as a hero.
however, if a girl does it, she gets branded as a slut, whore etc.
tbh, it's mostly women who get degraded and it's a shame that society has created the "perfect image" of what a woman should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miranda
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:23 am

Jeff wrote:

I know but it is mostly women. With a man it doesn't matter how you look in a swim suit cause' you got shorts on and you can even wear a swim top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladymirandam.tumblr.com/
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Electrified♥ wrote:
tbh, it's mostly women who get degraded and it's a shame that society has created the "perfect image" of what a woman should be.
Basically this. It is seen as something to celebrate when a boy is a player or what not, but if a girl sleeps with about two-three guys, she's known as that. I don't wanna say it because that language isn't really appropriate for the forum..

Anyways, I do agree with a lot that you've said in your post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriella
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Jeff wrote:

Yea I agree with both you and Infinite. It's the same thing with boys as it is with girls. It's bad both ways. NO ONE should set a standard on how people should look, act, or think. It's just wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alison
Regular Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Gabriella wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Yea I agree with both you and Infinite. It's the same thing with boys as it is with girls. It's bad both ways. NO ONE should set a standard on how people should look, act, or think. It's just wrong.
THIS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jellybiscuit
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:25 pm

So basically youre saying girls are diffrent from boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriella
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:45 pm

jellybiscuit wrote:
So basically youre saying girls are diffrent from boys.
Yea kinda. Everyone is different. People look,talk,think, and act differently. But we are all human. That's the only thing that all people have in common.

But no one has to be the same.

I CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND MY OWN POST, SO I CROSSED IT OUT.

Last edited by Gabriella on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oliver

Location: *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Electrified♥ wrote:
if youre going to talk about topics like these with words like these may you please put it in a spoiler? as these topics shoudl be talked about but also not be seen by younger people.
--
anyway, men definitely have it better than girls, to the point where its not worth talking about mens issues as much as its worth to talk about womens issues

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com

A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next